Sunday, June 24, 2007

Our new Family Member




Her name is Lola
She's not a kitten
But when we saw her we were smitten!
(sung to Copa Cabana by Barry Manilow)

Okay so I am a little crazy, we all new this. I loved my old cats Tigger and Shadow and I know Emily and Sammy have wanted one for a long time. So on a whim we went by the SPCA and looked at cats. We had thought to get a kitten at first but all the ones we wanted were too small to come home that day. And Emily and Sam were not coming home without a cat. So after sitting with a few cats we tried out Lola ( named for the younger silly sister in Charlie and Lola) She is a little timid cat and spends a great bit of her day in our room enjoying sitting in the window sill or lounging in her cat bed. Which makes lee happy because she is using the cat bed he bought her. Plus she is not getting cat fur everywhere. She is very vocal and talk a lot, she comes out at night and we tell the kids that she is telling them good night

and to go to bed. She is very affectionate and sweet. Last night she was fly hunting and actually caught a fly and ate it. Lee is in heaven. We are going to try and teach her to use the toilet like the rest of us so we can get rid of the litter box. She is a bright cat and has a Shrimp and Salmon Friskies treat addiction so I think she is a good candidate.
Emily is very good with her but doesn't get to spend as much time with her as she would like because Sammy is less than patient and quiet so Lola runs when she him and Emily coming. Not all the time but some. I never realised how much I missed my cats til Lola. Welcome Lola! L-O-L-A Lola la la la Lola.. (okay another dorky song reference sorry I can't help myself)

Welcome to the Rose Garden

Come see how we live and grow together..