Monday, December 3, 2007

Our Family Portrait


Well here we are, the Rose family portait, it is long overdue. We have not had family pictre taken for years (Sammy was six months old I believe). So after much hinting by Grandmas we decided it was time. The appointment was made and the outfits chosen, we were ready to go. There was a tiny fear in my heart. You see, I was always affraid that this beautiful picture might not always look this way. That one day Emily might not be in our home. Fortunatly we were so deeply blessed to recieve a letter from Emily biological father, Robert, that he is letting us adopt Emily. This is an answer to so many heartfelt prayers by us and some many who love us. So this family portrait is so special, the first of many in the years to come. This has shown me that prayers are truly answered just not always the way you might expect.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Aunt Julia said...

GREAT PICTURE, WOW WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY but then I'm prejudice.

Great job Nic, getting everyone ready and setting it all up.
Love Ya Mom

Williams Family Dirt said...

Awesome picture. I am so happy for you that everything will go through o.k. with Emily. See you soon!

Tam said...

You have a beautiful family. I love the picture and the story behind it. I am really happy for you. I know how lucky those children are because you are a wonderful mother. I wish I could have seen them while we were in town.

Anonymous said...

Oh Carp! Now that I can leave a comment, I have nothing noteworthy to say. FIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willow

Jen Wolff said...

Nicole, your family picture is gorgeous! I am glad everything worked out!! Might I add, you look smokin' hot!

Mama Bear said...

What a great picture, Nicole! You are right, this portrait and what it represents is the culmination of a lot of prayers! I am so happy for all four of you!
*hugs*

Welcome to the Rose Garden

Come see how we live and grow together..