Wednesday, June 18, 2008

BASKET WEAVING!

So i went to this awesome fiber and arts retreat this passed weekend. There is learned to weave baskets. It was not as hard and I had thought it might be. Once I got the hangof it I just sped throught it. My teacher was very impressed by my abilities! The first picture is one the basket newly made, the two tone basket, with tomatoes I grew in it, is this same basket dyed with indigo and Kamala wood. The middle basket is the second one I made and used a small red reed to add color to it. It is filled with strawberries I grew! Berries I grew in a basket I wove, such a sublime joy. A truly cool moment! I can't wait to make more baskets, i need to get the name of the basket book she used and i found the reed supplier my teacher uses so don't be surprised if you find me buried in baskets. Too much fun!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Now all you need to do is try it underwater!! ;)

Williams Family Dirt said...

Also, I use to know how to make baskets out of raffia and fabric, just didn't practice it so I forgot...pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of your tomatoes. Mine are still ubergreen. However, with the bunches of tomatoes that we have on the vines, once they ripen we may only be eating tomatoes for the following month!!

Also, why is it that of all the squash, the zucchini is the only one determined to survive. I like zucchini, but not as much as I have growing out back. Luckily Zachary is a zucchini FIEND!! He will be in heaven.

Willow

Mama Bear said...

Your baskets look beautiful! Not to mention the fun you are having with your garden - way to go!

Welcome to the Rose Garden

Come see how we live and grow together..